Here's the recipe I made last night but didn't get a chance to post. It's a keeper for sure -- quick, easy, healthy and delicious.
The recipe is modified from Weeknight Grilling with the BBQ Queens by Karen Alder & Judith Fertig -- one of my many cookbooks that don't get used very often. I think starting next month I may start a weekly get my cookbooks out event for myself to get them used more often.
Spicy Hoisin Barbecued Chicken and Broccoli with Lemon Rice
- Hoisin Barbecue Marinade
- 3/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons grated ginger
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon Sambal Oelek
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil plus 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 4 cups cooked rice
- Zest and juice of 1/2 lemon
- toasted sesame seeds, for garnish
- In a small bowl, combine all marinade ingredients and whisk to blend. Place the broccoli into a zip-top bag and add 1/2 cup of the marinade. Seal the bag and toss to coat. Set aside to marinate. Plade the chicken breasts in another zip-top bag and pour in the remaining marinade. Seal the bag and toss to coat. Marinate for 15 minutes.
- Preheat your grill on high. Spray chicken with nonstick spray and place on grill. Turn the grill down to medium and cover. Cook for about 5 minutes per side or until cooked thoroughly.
- In a preheated skillet, add vegetable oil and sesame oil. Add the broccoli and marinade and cook, stirring occasionally, until crisp-tender.
- For the rice, after cooking add the zest and juice of the lemon and toss to combine.
- Garnish with sesame seeds.